2016 18th february
Excellent 2015 results reflecting the benefits of the transformation plan
Revenue up 2.3%1 to €5,581 million (+2.9% LFL)
EBIT up 10.6%1 to €665 million (+3.5% LFL)
Net profit up 9.4%1 to €244 million
Record recurring cash flow of €341 million
Sébastien Bazin, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of AccorHotels, said: “AccorHotels delivered an outstanding performance in 2015: growth in revenue, a big improvement in earnings and a more robust financial position. The momentum driven by the strategic, operational and cultural transformation and the quality of the performance and motivation of our teams are clearly producing results in all of our businesses. AccorHotels is moving forward, driving its growth and focused on the future. In an extraordinarily volatile global economic context, and at a time when the hospitality industry is reinventing itself, the opportunities available are numerous and the Group’s objectives for 2016 are clear: strengthen our position as the world’s leading hotel operator, and continue to significantly improve our operational and financial performance.”
1 As reported.
- Strong growth in Europe and in emerging markets
- Difficulties in France, affected by the terrorist attacks in January and November, and in Brazil
- HotelServices: sound growth, rollout of the digital plan and launch of the AccorHotels marketplace open to independent hotels
- HotelInvest: strong improvement in performance, with restructuring continuing at a rapid pace (93 hotels, plus 12 hotels sold to Huazhu in China in January 2016)
- Record development of 36,172 rooms (229 hotels)
Strategic transactions in 2015-2016
- Announcement of the acquisition of the Fairmont Raffles Hotels International Group
- Closing of the partnership agreement with Huazhu (China Lodging)
- Announcement of the creation of a new franchisee bringing together 85 hotels in Europe
AccorHotels is a Group united by a shared passion for hospitality and driven by a shared promise to make everyone Feel Welcome.
Over 180,000 women and men in 3,700 AccorHotels establishments look after thousands of guests every day in 92 countries.
AccorHotels is the world’s leading hotel operator and offers its customers, partners and employees:
- its dual expertise as a hotel operator and franchisor (HotelServices) and a hotel owner and investor (HotelInvest);
- a large portfolio of internationally renowned brands covering the full spectrum, with luxury (Sofitel, Pullman, MGallery, Grand Mercure, The Sebel), midscale (Novotel, Suite Novotel, Mercure, Adagio) and economy (ibis, ibis Styles, ibis budget, adagio access and hotelF1) establishments;
- the strength of its marketplace and its Le Club AccorHotels loyalty program;
- almost half a century of commitment to corporate citizenship and solidarity with the PLANET 21 program.
Accor SA shares are listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange (ISIN code: FR0000120404) and traded in the USA on the OTC market (Code: ACRFY)