Naming rights agreement signed for The AccorHotels Arena
AccorHotels today announces the official signing of a 10-year naming rights agreement for the Bercy Arena. This Paris venue, one of the world’s five largest concert halls and sports arenas, will become The AccorHotels Arena, reopening mid-October after 18 months of refurbishment to offer cutting edge technology and the latest in visitor facilities.
Commenting on the event, Sébastien Bazin, Chairman and CEO of AccorHotels declared, “We are proud to have been chosen by the City of Paris and AEG to associate the AccorHotels brand name with this emblematic sports and entertainment venue. We have forged this partnership with the aim of making The AccorHotels Arena a showcase for French hospitality: welcoming, friendly, and innovative.”
Un partenariat stratégique et inédit
This naming rights agreement, which was brokered by AEG Global Partnerships, is the first of its kind in Paris and represents a unique visibility opportunity for the Group and its distribution platform, both because of this key Parisian venue’s world class program and its exceptional location in Paris, the world’s top tourism destination and a candidate to host the 2024 Olympic Games.
The AccorHotels Arena agreement is in line with the strategy rolled out by AccorHotels which aims to become not just a hotel stay expert, but an indispensable travel industry player and the preferred partner for travelers.
The 23 million card holders who are members of Le Club AccorHotels will enjoy preferential offers for events hosted at the Arena, for example, presales before the tickets go on sale to the general public, access to exclusive content and dedicated services.
Sébastien Bazin added, “This emblematic partnership with a player whose activities converge with ours serves as a powerful and unique vitrine for all the Group’s know-how. By combining Hospitality and Entertainment, AccorHotels strengthens its presence at every stage of the customer journey and offers its loyal guests unique advantages.”
The AccorHotels Arena is set to become a lively, welcoming , connected, and innovative, new Paris hotspot with hospitality and leisure areas-several restaurants and bars as well as business lounges and VIP boxes will enrich the visitor experience. As one of the city’s outing destinations, the Arena will also be 100% connected through mass Wi-Fi and will communicate permanently with spectators and the neighborhood on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram...) and via a network of more than 370 screens.
The AccorHotels Arena now boasts:
- An elegant architectural venue with a friendly atmosphere, whose renovation was managed by the architectural firm Daniel Vaniche et Associés
- An exceptionally diverse program with over 120 events a year featuring a mixture of top sports events, concerts and shows;
- 30 different arena layouts, from 8,000 to 20,300 seats;
- A 2,000m2 hall that opens out onto the city, with restaurant and events areas open 24/7 - More than 4,000m2 of exclusive hospitality spaces, including 54 boxes (compared with 18 previously), spread over four levels.
AccorHotels is a Group united by a shared passion for hospitality and driven by a shared promise to make everyone Feel Welcome. Over 180,000 women and men in 3,800 AccorHotels establishments look after thousands of guests every day in 92 countries. AccorHotels is the world’s leading hotel operator and offers its customers, partners and employees:
- its dual expertise as a hotel operator and franchisor (HotelServices) and a hotel owner and investor (HotelInvest);
- a large portfolio of internationally renowned brands covering the full spectrum, with luxury (Sofitel, Pullman, MGallery, Grand Mercure, The Sebel), midscale (Novotel, Suite Novotel, Mercure, Mama Shelter, Adagio) and economy (ibis, ibis Styles, ibis budget, adagio access and hotelF1) establishments;
- a powerful marketplace and loyalty program Le Club AccorHotels
- almost half a century of commitment to corporate citizenship and solidarity with the PLANET 21 program.
Accor SA shares are listed on the Euronext Paris exchange (ISIN code: FR0000120404) and traded in the USA on the OTC marketplace (Code: ACRFY)
Tel : +33 1 53 70 74 66
Carina Alfonso Martin
vp Media Relatons Worldwide
Tel : +33 1 45 38 84 84
Tel : +33 1 45 38 84 95
SVP Investor Relations and Financial Communication
Tel : +33 1 45 38 86 25
Tel : +33 1 45 38 86 94